Monday, September 17, 2007

Then and Now....and hopefully the future

OK, so i've made a decision, I HAVE TO GET IN SHAPE!!! My friend Kerri just ran a triathalon. We are the same age. My friend Heather ran one as well not too long ago. I am so PROUD of them! But it kind of makes me feel a bit like a loser and its all my doing. I've become VERY lazy since being married. They are much more determinded and motivated. I also remember at the begining of summer my plan was to be able to ride my bike up Poleline road here in town without stopping by the end of summer. I haven't been trying or practicing or anything. What a loser i am. UGH! I am not doing it just to look good, but that is a total benefit. But i need to get healthy so i will hopefully be able to get pregnant and carry a baby to full term. With my PCOS it's ideal if i were in much better shape then i am now.

Here are some pictures of my days in High School and from Ricks College. These are all from about 1995-1998. My "then" pictures.

THEN...

Me as a Sr. year of high school at our Volleyball Banquet. (1995)

Sr. year with my friend Linds. Look how skinny my face is! (1995)

My sister Natalie and I as i prepared to graduate High School (1996).

Me eating while attending Ricks College (Summer 1997).

Me and my roommate Karianne with our Christmas Tree (1998).

NOW....

Can anyone say...NASTY!!! Kevin & I at Jackson Hole, WY (2007).

In High School and College i used to think i was SO FAT!!! WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING?!?! I looked GOOD! I want you all bugging me (and encouraging me) about what i am doing or what i need to do or giving me ideas of what i could be doing. Apparently i need some (alot of) pushing. :) I know i'm not 18 any more, but i don't want to turn 30 (in about 7 months) and look like i do now. I want to look good and feel good about myself! I want to get back to my "Then" size.

7 comments:

Shar said...

You go girl! Getting in shape is always a good goal for EVERYONE to have!

t.m. said...

Jackie, you are fired up!! you sound motivated, and I know you can do it!

Eliza said...

Jackie...I too am on a determined kick...My post from yesterday was about the same (I am keeping it as a draft for now)but we can do this together!! go jackie!

Naomi said...

I think it's TOTALLY possible! It's amazing how quickly the athlete in you emerges again--all of that good competitive attitude and will power!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you! I thought I was fat in HS too and now I am ashamed to post pictures of myself!! Too bad we are not close enough to be each others support system.

Heather said...

You'll do great!! It is so much easier to have a partner counting on you. Seriously, that is the only way I got my motiviation to do the 1/2 marathon.

Chele said...

Hey there I will encourage you along. I have to loose about 30lbs. I lost about 30lbs but then gained about 15of it back. So maybe we could have a contest. If I was able to work out at the college I will have you be my work out buddy. What are the stipulations about that anyways. Give me a call some evening and maybe we could go walking or jobgging whateever.