Frozen Lemon Pie (by: Lynda Condie)
Ingredients:
4 egg yolks
8Tbls lemon juice (or 2 lemons)
finely grated rind of 2 lemons
1 cup sugar
4 egg whites
4 Tbls sugar
2 cups whipping cream, whipped
1 box vanilla wafers, crushed
Directions:
Beat egg yolks slightly, add lemon juice, lemon rind & the cup of sugar. Cook in a double boiler until mixture thickens. Cool. Beat egg whites until stiff. Add 4 Tbls sugar and beat until creamy. Add whipped cream to egg whites. Then fold in the thickened lemon mixture. Line bottom of 9x13 dish with crushed vanilla wafers. Layer with lemon mixture. Put crushed vanilla wafers on top. Freeze. ENJOY!
Here are some really bad pictures of this treat i took last night.
Top View:

8 comments:
I am going to try this out...as soon as I get the double broiler that I have had on the "to get" list for a year. Thanks for posting pics-it helps a ton!!! I think my husband will love it-he is into sour/lemony things.
Happy Birthday Kevin! We hope that you had a great day and a terrific year! We love seeing pictures of the house progress! We love you both and miss you!
-Sarah & crew
I can attest to the yumminess!
Tell your hubby congrats! The house is looking great btw! So much fun!
Looks yummy! My family loves lemon squares, so they will probably love these!
So the dessert has raw eggs in it??
Rebecca, Partially correct. The yolk is cooked, but the whites are not.
Meg - Yes, you eat the dessert frozen. It's a wonderful cool treat! It's not like it gets TOO hard not eat with just a fork, we even had it with plastic forks at work. Everyone that has tried it when i made it LOVED it. So it's a WOW-er! :) The recipe is from Wendy's husband's aunt.
Post a Comment