Friday, November 14, 2008

church callings...

Well...i haven't had a church calling since Aug 2007! How did i do that?? Well we were moving from our Rexburg ward and we didn't know what weekends we'd be in town and such...so we were released. Then we moved to Twin Falls right in time for the Winter Holiday's. So we got kind of "passed over" for a while. Kevin then was given a calling and the Bishop asked if i had one and my reply was..."yes, i am an active participant in R.S. and it's fantastic!" I was never given a calling in that ward. I felt kind of bad. But oh well. Now we are in our new ward and we got called into the bishops office Tuesday night. All day i had a certain calling in mind that i was going to get. I was sure of it. Well it turns out that that is not the calling they gave me. I did not take the "new" calling well. I bawled in his office, i bawled all evening, i bawled all morning, I skipped work and went to the Temple, i bawled there, i bawled when i told me sister Natalie what they want me to do. I have not cried about it in about 36 hrs. I think I have come to terms with it and i'm sure it's going to be great. They said i should be set apart for it this Sunday.

What do you think it is?!
(and those that DO know...please don't guess)
Kevin got a calling too, but we don't know when he will be set apart yet.
Guess what his calling is.

Updated (4pm 11/14/08)
* those are all great guesses so far...i think I'm a bit more dramatic for my own good. But then i think my reasons are justified. LOL.

20 comments:

Heather said...

Primary President.

Anonymous said...

Relief Society President?

Tanya said...

my first guess would be RS president but that guess was taken so I will say Primary Chorister. I would be terrified if I got called to do something with music.

Rebecca said...

How 'bout Visiting Teacher supervisor--that would probably make me cry . . .

Jennifer Lomenick said...

I am thinking Primary, YW or Relief Society President. I am thinking that anyone of those would require a trip to the Temple and some heavy meditation. Or if you don't like teaching then I could see a R.S. Teacher.

Collette said...

HI JACKIE!!!!

Well since I have not really had any calling that was NOT music related. I really don't imagine that there are any others out there.

I am Gospel Doctrine Teacher now...first non-music one in a while. That was a tough one to grasp.

Whatever it is You will be FABULOUS

Tiffany J said...

Nursery leader.

Erin said...

I would cry over primary president. Don"t tell my bishop.

Kate said...

Primary President

Anonymous said...

I'd guess YW President. I cried all through church when I was called to it. Although, I absolutely love it now and don't want to be released!

You will do a fantastic job no matter what the call is; that's the kind of person you are!

Ranisa said...

I am with tiff....nursery leader.....that is about the only one that would make me cry....but you are not me... I am so curious????

Amy said...

Sacrament Chorister. Or maybe Gospel Doctrine Teacher. Come on, tell us already!

Shar said...

Nursery.

You could have just done what I did, and instead of crying about my Primary calling? Just say no. That will get you on the bishops good side REALLY fast.

Jen said...

I don't know for sure...but I think I can kind of figure it out now...therefore I won't guess. I am so sorry though and can see why it would make you so sad.

Anonymous said...

Crying because of a new calling in a new ward has to be nursery (no offense to the place I delightedly drop off my sweet baby each Sunday) Hope I'm wrong though Jackie. It's a hard place to start in a new ward.

Chelle said...

Ok, I think Eric knows, but I don't. I don't know what calling you would cry over, Primary or teacking in RS would be my guess. I've never cried over a calling, I was sad over Nursery when I was put in right before Robbie could go into nursery! I hope you have come to peace with your calling! I know you'll do great at whatever it is.

Shalece said...

I am guessing nursery too.

So are you gonna tell us already?!

Ginny said...

First thought: Nursery. Not sure if I cried when I got that calling this year, but I've had my moments since then! RS Pres would be scarey though!

L3 said...

Homemaking Leader -- or whatever they call it now. That's one that makes ME cry. Or Girls' Camp director. YUCK. Teaching Gospel Doctrine -- OUCH!
Nursery is the best calling in the church. I've been there 2+ years this time, and it's going to take dynamite to get me out of there. (In spite of the fact I had to clean up vomit yesterday)

Tiffany J said...

I love reading about what callings people would cry over. Its great that the ones that some hate are the ones that others love. Too bad we don't all get what we want. Though, I guess you learn to enjoy things you never thought you would. I am the second counselor in the Primary presidency and I dreaded the thought of ANY primary calling. But, its not so bad now that I have figured it out.

So we are all dying to know...what is your new calling??