Saturday, October 31, 2009

brutal honesty

it is currently Halloween and the trick-or-treaters are in full swing in the neighborhood. Last year we had no one, but this year due to more houses being built by our house we have loads of kids. Plus this year it isn't raining.

I love to see the costumes...especially the young toddlers and slightly older ones. Tho they can be brutally honest. Thankfully they didn't complain about the candy we are handing out. It's our house! Kevin was currently cooking dinner and i was handing out the candy. Well you must be able to smell our meal when i open the door.

here's the the scene....

(doorbell rings)
I grab the candy bowl and answering the door.
Kids: trick-or-treat
me: here you go (and place candy in bag)
kids: thank you
Me: you're welcome, have fun!
girl to her mom: Her house stinks! (as she is waving her hand in front of her nose)

I shut the door and start laughing my head off! I replay it for Kevin. He laughs.

and we are still laughing about it.

And by the way this new chicken recipe....SO GOOD!!!!!

4 comments:

Nat said...

that is so funny!

Natalie said...

You gotta love kids! :)

Anonymous said...

Yea! I found your blog, and I loved the story...again. :) Can't wait to see that delicious recipe.

Shauna said...

That is funny. You'll have to give us the recipe. I am in need of something new that is good!