Monday, June 07, 2010

Madame President

That's what i would like to be called now. j/k

Just yesterday at church i was sustained as the New...

YOUNG WOMEN'S PRESIDENT



INSANITY!!


I was hoping someone would oppose the call.
(i was going to try myself, but didn't hear the asking for opposing votes part)

But i think people were staring in unbelief!

This is my 3rd calling in less then 2 years in this ward.

17 comments:

James and Lauren said...

no one was staring in unbelief crazy! In fact i heard a few comments about how you were the perfect choice... so there madame president!

Anonymous said...

You're gonna be AWESOME, Jackie!

Kate

Lisa S. Luckey said...

Yay good for you. You'll be great at it and the girls are lucky to have you as their leader.

Shauna said...

You will be awesome!! Congratulations!!!

Nat said...

YOu will be GREAT!!

Natalie said...

Congratulations! You'll be great!

Pete & Leah said...

So, will volleyball be the back-up YW activity from now on? I'm sure the girls will love you!

Karena said...

Welcome to the crowd, I have been the YW president for almost 2 years! I still wonder why I was called, but love serving the young women. I am sure you will do awesome!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! Get ready for busy, busy and more busy!

Chelle said...

You will be amazing! I loved being in YW and miss it at times! But I love the scouts! So, is your camp coming up soon?

Jackie B. said...

thanks everyone! It will be good.

chelle - yes camp is in almost exactly 4 weeks.

Heather said...

So exciting! Those girls better hold on to their hats... kidding.

Brette said...

Jackie you are going to be great! You, your counselors and advisors and the girls will all learn so much from each other...just have fun and love the girls, you will be a big influence in their lives. :)

Sherrie said...

Congrats! I LOVED YW! My girls will always be "MY GIRLS" You just serve and love them more than you ever think possible! You will be fantastic!

t.m. said...

YOU WILL BE WONDERFUL!!!

Shalece said...

WOW!! I think they made the perfect choice, I am sure you will be so great and so much fun, they are lucky to have you! Good luck, you are gonna be busy! :)

Lindsay said...

You will be FABULOUS. What lucky girls. I loved being in YWs with you! This is awesome.