I had to run up to campus for a minute this morning and so i decided to do a soda run for Kathy & I. On my way i was talking to my sister Carolyn. Well i am parked in Horkley's parking lot and i turned off the car and took out the keys. We finish our conversation and then i grab my change, my cup to refill and go inside. Well i fill up our drinks, pay and go to leave and i couldn't find my keys. Well sure enough they were sitting on the front passenger seat in my LOCKED car! I couldn't tell you the last time i locked my keys in my car. I actually don't know if i've even done it before! So i go inside and they let me use their phone, mine is locked in the car too, and so i call Jeff over at Christensen Auto Shop and he tells me it will be $20, i said that's fine. He comes over and gets in the car in a matter of 2 minutes! It was crazy! Kind of scary knowing how fast someone could get into my car if they have the right tools. He said on the phone he had a brick that would get me in, but i opted not for the brick. LOL. Here is the real kicker...I DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY HIM! He said it was fine and that he needed a break to get away from the shop. I need to do something nice for him. :)
Kevin left last night for Twin to start his new job. I am very curious how it's going. I hope he likes it. I can't wait to see him Friday night! We really haven't been away from each other too much during our marriage, so this is going to be interesting for both of us!
5 months ago
5 comments:
If it makes you feel any better, I once locked myself out of the car WHILE IT WAS RUNNING! That was several years ago-- thankfully our new car is smarter than me. :)
I haven't done that recently- but I love the keypad on our car so I don't have to have the keys to get in. It will be a lifesaver for the next time I do.
Get this I THOUGHT I locked my keys in the car at Newport Beach... waited for AAA.. when they got there and opened my car... NO KEYS!! Lets just say myself, my best friend and 5 kids on the 15th of July and 4 hours later.... Someone had turned them in to the parking booth! YIKES... thought we were going to have to camp out with no camping gear! LOL
I sure do miss Horkley's 60 cent 44 ouncer. I got a little springing bracelet key chain so that I can keep my keys around my wrist. Not so that I won't lock my keys in the car, but so that I don't just leave them in there, doors unlocked, so someone can come along and take my car.
I hope Kevin loves his new job.
Sounds like you had quite the experience! I agree with Heather..the keypad is a life saver...in fact we sometimtes lock our keys in the car so we dont loose them...this is usually when we are camping!
Tel Kev good luck! I give you a good luck and more power to you both for being that far apart...I dont know if I could do it!
Post a Comment