Friday, February 26, 2010

houses updates

So we went to the locate callege here (CSI - College of Southern Idaho) for a Home and Garden Show. I was reminiscing that if my parents had dragged me to this i would have been complaining the whole time. And here i was some 20 years later and SO excited to go and see what they had to offer. We signed up for some free quotes on sprinklers and rain gutters and asked alot about sheds, since we want to continue to park in the garage and slowly the lawn/yard care items are taking over. They also have some other venders for things, such as scentsy items, hand made crafts etc... One of our favorites was one called "Bistro Blends". More on that in a moment.

Yesterday i got the call from the rain gutter guy saying he happened to be in town and asked if we could meet. i said yes i can be there in 10 mins. So i hurried home to meet him. I got my boots on cause it's all mud and melting snow in the back yard and so he was telling me what he could do to fix our "lack of rain gutter" problem and he noticed a few things we hadn't seen since we haven't been out back much...seeing how it's winter! Our "addition" on the porch that builder put in cause they screwed up the original porch is "settling" so it's slanting ever so slightly. Also a BIG piece of siding had "popped out". WHAT THE CRAP?! So as soon as Kirby gave me the quote i ran inside to find our builders # to get ahold of the siding guy. They "sent him a message". So pretty much if i don't hear from him my noon today I'm calling his butt every 30 mins. :) Cause I'm mean like that.

Also we've had the JOY of dealing with MICE in the garage. Thankfully not in the house. yuck! But last night we found how the mice were getting in, so we are fixing that tonight/tomorrow since it's pay day today! WOOT WOOT! I really hate getting paid just once a month.

So back to the BISTRO BLENDS (click their name for their website). They totally sucked us into their booth. We were going to stop anyway, we love tasting things. But i bet we ate half a loaf of bread between the two of us just tasting all there was. Of course we bought some cause we are suckers like that. But it's TOTALLY worth it. YUMMY!! We bought a little 4 pack of Vinaigrette/Marinade/Bread Dip (2-Basil Garlic Parmesan, 1-Thai Sesame Ginger & 1-Rosemary Roasted Garlic Cabernet) and one bottle of Barbecue/Grill sauce (1-Honey Ginger Teriyaki). I can't wait to use them! I think we might have found some Christmas Presents for this year. :)

2 comments:

Nat said...

I remeber going to those house shows with M&D - UGH. They were no fun. Now I like going to Home Depot, but the boys are already telling me how boring it is. SO it does it past down the line.

After you use those blends let me know how you like them. We are always looking for more flavors.

Jackie B. said...

oh we've tasted them all. they are Yummy! That's why we bought them, cause we liked them.