Wednesday, October 10, 2007

LONG weekend in Twin...

...which was unexpected.

Friday i left Rexburg and stopped in Burley to pick up some stuff for my friend Tiffany at her parents house. Then it was over to the in-laws place (in Paul) to meet Kevin & Jeff. They were finishing the tile job in their parents kitchen. We left Paul/Burley at 12:45am friday night/Saturday morning and got to Jeff's place at about 1:30am. We all were in bed by 2am. Sometime around 6am Jeff comes out to wake up Kevin to tell him that he's gotta take Barbara to the hospital. She was having some contractions and "leaking fluid". So we said go and we'll watch Karter. Well sure enough we got a phone call a few hours later saying to bring the camera they are having the baby. So i drop it off at the hospital for them. We got another call about 3 hours later to bring Karter by to see is new baby brother. So we get there and i get to hold the baby. They named him Karson Bryce Brown. While i was holding Karson he was sleeping and making these weird "chirping" type noise while he laid there. The nurse came in and took him to give him a bath. She said she is going to get him to cry and see if he continues to do that. Well she came back in without Karson and said she took him over to the NICU to have him looked at. Well turns out he had fluid on his lungs. So, he has been in there ever since about noon on Saturday. He is doing VERY well now. Looks like he might get to come home Friday. I stayed out in Twin till yesterday afternoon watching Karter for Jeff & Barbara so they can be at the hospital with Karson. Barbara got home last Monday night. She is doing really well. I hope to have pictures for you soon! he looks nothing like Karter did when he was born. It's light night & day. Karter was blonde (almost bald) and fair skinned. Karson has BLACK hair and lots of it and olive skin.

We had heard reports of snow to the East of Twin Falls, so i texted my friend Tiffany to see if Rexburg got any. Well she called me back and told me there was easily 2-3 inches of snow and it was still falling! So check out her blog to see some pictures she took. Amazing! She lives about 2-3 blocks from me. I can't believe i missed it! I'm sure there is more to come though. As i drove in last night you would have NO idea that it even looked like that on Saturday.

I have not heard yet from the job at CSI. I am a little nervous, but i haven't gotten a "Thanks but no thanks" letter or email. So i am assuming all is well (hopefully). I am calling them today to see the status of what is happening.

I think we might have found another house. It's a bit older but it's in a great location and it's got alot of potential to be a really nice house. The unfinished basement will be nice to have finished...over the years. I'll let you know what we decide on that. So i have to REALLY get packing up the house! I should hopefully get a call by Friday about when we might close on the sale of our house here. It's finally coming to an end.

Last night i went to a "bootcamp" workout class with my friend Dyan up on campus. I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE!!! In the first 5 mins of class i was thinking "how can i get out of here without causing a scene?!" Well i stuck it out and i am alive...barely. I am going to keep going and hopefully get some help in the loosing weight category.

5 comments:

kahluakitty said...

Don't worry, Jackie. Those boot camp classes kick EVERYONE'S butt. Even the teacher's! Great job sticking it out! :)

Eliza said...

way to go Jackie! I am impressed. I dont know that I will ever get to one of those boot camp things!! They scare me just by their name! I like the workout here at home...by myself and it still is kicking my butt, but 3 weeks down and still going!! maybe I will finally have some success. Good luck on your success with the house and the new house!

Heather said...

OOO... I want to try one of those classes.

Glad you could be there for Karson birth! Good luck with the house.

Kate said...

Wow, what a crazy weekend!

I'm glad Karson is doing better... the NICU can be such a scary place. :|

t.m. said...

Well...maybe you will just have to stay and the alumni office here at BYU-I...sounds good to me!